Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

WELLSPRING

Mark and Tina McManus
I have become aware that a church and ministry has begun in the Walnut Ridge, AR, area and that one of our current pastors has been invited to come and lead that ministry.  Brother Mark McManus, pastor of New Hope Baptist Church near Yellville for the last 9 1/2 years, and his wife Tina and family, will be leaving soon for the Walnut Ridge area.  For me, I am going to miss Mark greatly.  He has been a very good friend to me in my 6 years here at White River Baptist Association, and I hate to see him leave.  But we all know that each of us need to be where God has called us.

Mark has given me material that describes the need for which Wellspring is being planted, and for churches in our area, there are ways in which you can cooperate with Wellspring and Mark in this effort.  If you desire more information, please contact me at our office in Flippin.  I can put you in touch with Mark and the work there.  Or contact Mark at wellspringpastor@gmail.com or call him at (870) 404-2406.

Here are some areas in which you could help:
1.  Pray for the Wellspring effort, and Mark and his family specifically. 
2.  Arrange with Mark a visit to the field and perhaps see if a summer missions effort could be put together for next year. 
3.  Perhaps he may need help in the spring to do a door to door survey, or a summer VBS.
4.  And of course, there are financial needs that perhaps your church could assist with, especially in the first couple of years as the work is planted and begins to develop.

And as I enumerated at first, yes, we can pray... because there are those in the Walnut Ridge/Hoxie area that need the Lord...just as they do here.

No comments: