Followers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

GLOBAL LEADERSHIP SUMMIT 2010

Andy Stanley
Bill Hybels




T.D. Jakes








For two days last week, August 5-6, I had the privilege of sitting through several sessions of the Global Leadership Summit 2010.  This was the 15th year for Willow Creek Association of South Barrington, Illinois, to offer this conference on leadership and leadership principles.  For the last several years, Mountain Home First Baptist Church has served as a host site for this event that has thousands in many locations in the U.S. and overseas viewing the satellite feed from the Chicago area church.

I have attended the Summit in the past, but for me this year's event was the best I had attended.  It probably was because of specific speakers who rang my bell differently than in the past or maybe I was at a different level of hearing.  Whatever it was, I promise you I was blessed.

In the past, I have been blessed by speakers such as Bill Hybels, Rick Warren, Colin Powell, and John Ortberg, as well as others.  However this year, I was encouraged by Jim Collins, Jeff Manion, Christine Caine, Tony Dungy (yes, of the Indianapolis Colts), and Adam HamiltonI was disappointed that I didn't get to hear Andy Stanley and TD Jakes, but since we have the resource DVD's of the event coming in early October, I will be able to sit in on these two great speakers, plus revisit the one's that touched me so deeply.  They will be available to all churches in White River Baptist Association as soon as they arrive. 
 

No comments: